Re: RE: the problem is worse than you think

[ Home ][ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Spindler
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 15:29:19 -0700

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6A15.95985D90

Unfortunately Mr. Cascio's story is all too familiar to me...Those
readers interested in seeing a similar story on a much larger scale
might be interested in reading the enclosed paper, which I gave at the
Society of Amercian Archivists 1995 Annual Meeting. Concerns a data
recovery attempt for records generated by the criminal trials re:
Charles Keating and the Lincoln Savings and Loan collapse. Lincoln's
parent copany was the American Continental Corporation...I'd appreciate
it if you would not distribute this further as I do hope to have this in
print very soon (long overdue)...The enclosure should appear as a
Wordperfect or a Notepad file if the listserver and your local system
handle attachments...There are some stage notes in the text so please
excuse - not quite ready for prime time!

Rob Spindler, Head
Dept. of Archives and Manuscripts
Arizona State University Libraries, Box 871006 Tempe, AZ 85287