Re: Preservation of digital information

[ Home ][ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Brewster Kahle
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:35:36 -0800

As a useful identifier for Internet documents, we use the original URL plus
the time. It does not solve all problems, but it does leverage what people
already use.

-brewster

At 08:00 PM 2/25/98 EST, wrote:
>There are two aspects in the preservation of digital material---the medium
and
>the organization of the data. With respect to the latter, I submit that a
>system in which all digital information is uniquely identified with a 64-bit
>identifier could be an important element in the organiztion of the material.

  • Reply: Stewart Brand: "Re: Preservation of digital information"
  • Reply: Stewart Brand: "Re: Preservation of digital information"