Re: Preservation of digital information

[ Home ][ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stewart Brand
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 12:25:38 -0800

At 3:11 PM -0500 3/2/98, Peter Graham, RUL wrote:
>Thomasina: [The great library of Alexandria was burned....] All the lost
>plays of the Athenians....How can we sleep for grief?

I'm with Thomasina. I was during the play, and am now. Thomasina herself,
and complexity theory two centuries early with her, burns. Life would be
wholly different and probably better. Septimus was clever but wrong, in my
view.

  • Reply: Brewster Kahle: "Re: Preservation of digital information"