Re: RE: If I were to talk with Disney's IP lobbyists

[ Home ][ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stewart Brand
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:41:47 -0800

At 12:08 PM -0500 3/2/98, James Gleick wrote:
>I don't even think it's clear that you should be archiving copyrighted
>material. Let's say I make some articles available on my Web site but wish
>to maintain my ownership and control of the copyright. Shouldn't I be able
>to edit, correct, and even withdraw an article from free circulation? I
>might not be comfortable with your copying and in effect publishing such
>texts.

Ah yes, yet another issue that makes digital archiving approximately
impossible...

Adding time depth to the Net changes it yet again, introducing still
another dimension of disturbance and thrill to civilization these years.