Re: Golden Canon

[ Home ][ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stewart Brand
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:03:49 -0800

At 2:36 PM -0800 2/17/98, Danny Hillis wrote:
>I visited Norsham, the Los Alamos company that is working on high density
>archival storage.

Well visited! They look like a natural for us, and us for them. An
minimum we could help publicize what they're doing. Ideally we could be an
early customer, helping them stay in business, and helping shape their
business toward a variety of long-term responsibility roles.

I wonder if they have some nifty overheads we could use in presentations.

Isn't it Norsam, rather than Norsham?

>I am sure they would be happy to give us a
>bid now, but I think we might want to help them refine their technolgy
>first, especially if we want more that a few copies.

What were you thinking, Danny, in terms of refining their tech?

  • Reply: Danny Hillis: "Re: Golden Canon"